Sunday, November 1, 2009

Facebook Eases Freshmen Fears, Fosters Friendship

CNN. "Facebook eases freshmen fears, fosters friendship." 1 Nov. 2009. www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/ptech/09/07/cnnu.facebook/index.html

This article talks about one of the positives of facebook, talking others that may live far away. This networking program is a great way for people that live on others side of the world to talk to each other at the press of a button. This article specifically includes a story about a new freshman college student. This new college student was very nervous about her new social life before she left for college. She decieded to look up her roommates so she could talk to them before they get there. She found her roommates and they talked and became very good friends. They set rules and talked about similiar interests. This student said that this process eased the social transition at college. I will most likely be looking up my roommates before I meet them so I can get to know them before hand and have some friends when I go to college.

I completely agree with this statement about how facebook is very positive in helping people meet each other before they move in together. This will be very helpful as I prepare to go to college. I will be able to talk to my roommates and somewhat see what I will expecting with roomates and friends when I first arrice at college. Facebook has many positives especially having the ability to chat with others from all around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment